The United State is a huge country directing so many famous shows and movies that once there, you have a strange sense of déjà vu and you feel like inside a movie. You will find of course flags hanging everywhere, squirrels in the trees, magazines to buy weapons, 16 year old young people driving their own car, beers pongs in student parties, fraternities, cheerleaders and quarterbacks in schools, football games with hot dog stands, many overweight Americans , etc. Nothing is cliche, everything is really true!
THINGS TO DO IN THE UNITED STATES
To deepen your understanding of American culture, I offer you a list of activities to put on your TO DO list while traveling in the United States :
- Shopping ! It is a favorite among the Americans, and they are well equipped with their many shopping centers, called Malls. You can also find a lot of Outlets with brands on sale. Buy Levi’s jeans that cost almost nothing compared to Europe (about $ 35) and buy accessorizes of the Fossil brand which is also much cheaper. This is also a good place to buy American brands like Hollister, Abercrombie , Urban Outfitters or American Apparel. By cons , you ‘ll struggle to find our usual stores H & M , Zara etc.
- Participate in Halloween (October 31) : during the day , you will find children in their cute costumes, and in the evening, go to a club to attend a different kind of party, Americans like to get dressed up but it might be very vulgar.
- Go see a concert of country music !
- Watch a game of American football ! The atmosphere is great and everything is done for you to have a good time, even if you do not know anything about American football : mascot, cheerleaders, hamburgers, hot dogs and other delicious crap.
- Attend a Protestant church, if possible, from an African- American community. This is an experience that really touched me. You’ll get into a concert hall, with blue and purple lights in all directions, two giant screens, a stage, comfortable armchairs, a small choir sings very rhythmic songs. Newbies are welcomed as king, people sing for you and you are invited to go for a snack. The pastor reads the Bible and addresses topics such as war, abortion, suicide … And there is interaction with the audience! Sometimes it feels like you are in a sect. The Mass lasted 2 hours but went very quickly. It was a totally amazing experience !
- Taste all the American favorites and test many fast foods. Visit our page on the subject.
comment this post