The capital of Slovenia is a small town full of charm! It is very pleasant to visit and exudes a serene atmosphere. The streets are lined with large colorful buildings. You can walk along the water in the area of Ljubljanica “small Ljubljana.”
How to go to Ljubljana?
The country is a member of the European Union, so you can access it with your European identity card.
Slovenia uses the Euro as currency.
- You might arrive at the busy central square : the square Preeren. On the site you can visit the Church, pose in front of the statue and have access to the triple deck.
- The Franciscan Church is pink and Italian Baroque.
- Tromostovje or triple bridge is an architectural feature of Ljubljana. It is designed around a historic stone bridge and supplemented over the years by two side deck. This is quite unique!
- The Saint-Nicolas church. The church is richly decorated in a classic baroque style.
- Art Nouveau, the dragon bridge. It is one of the first bridges in Europe built in reinforced concrete.
- The hill of Ljubljana today houses a castle overlooking the Slovenian capital. It is possible to take a path and up the hill to see the castle. It’s not worth the trouble and the view of the city is not exceptional because of new large modern building built around the city.
- District Ljubljanica
- The central market
Good to know : the dragon is the symbol of Ljubljana. It is found on the arms of the city and the famous bridge.