Varna & Golden Sands
This coastal city of Varna is particularly famous for its cathedral with golden domes, the Dormition of the Marty, and especially for the reputation of its nightlife! You can also enjoy the Black Sea over there.
It is true that the party animals will find enough nightclubs in the resort Golden Sands to spend a great night! In reality, this resort is located a few kilometers from Varna and is only about hotels and nightclubs. It has been created only for tourists and therefore has nothing to do with the real Bulgaria.
Varna, on the opposite, has a charming town center buzzing with major streets and parks where it is good to take a walk.
The city also has some other beautiful buildings such as the Opera, with its Neo-Baroque dark red facade on Nezavisimost Square (Independence Square), the Marine Garden and the Roman Baths.
Visit Varna: Must DO and SEE
- Enjoy a meal in Happy restaurant grill! There are several in the city.
- Buy an ice cream: they are huge and very good. You pay proportionally of the weight.
- Look at the trunks of trees. Nothing shocks you? Yep, you will find signs of deceased people that are stuck on the trunks around town.
- Take pictures in the marine park.
- Go into one of those stores that sell all kinds of products made of rose essence and buy a cream, perfume or even alcohol.
Where to stay in Varna/Golden Sands?
Stop wondering where to sleep and book with closed eyes at X Hostel! The atmosphere is guaranteed! The manager and his wife are paying attention to you and do their best to ensure you have a great time! We spent only one night but would have loved to extend our stay! Special evenings are organized every day (we took the bus to one of the nightclub in Golden Sands, pub crawls, foam parties …), a BBQ was organized on the terrace for 5, a free beer on arrival and there is a bar with beers of 50cl! The hostel has the advantage of being located in a peaceful location midway between Varna and Golden Sands. Buses serve the place regularly to go to Varna or Golden Sands. In the evening, you have to share a taxi to return to the hostel.
comment this post